Gun Control Poll, From 2nd District, Rep. Renee Ellmers

Forums General Discussion Gun Control Poll, From 2nd District, Rep. Renee Ellmers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    708prohunter
    Participant

Hope Ed doesn’t mind me, posting this here. very important!

https://ellmersforms.house.gov/mobile-survey

Also, copied and pasted her response, below, to my E Mail to her.

Thank you for contacting me regarding recent proposals for gun control. It is good to hear from you, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

The recent tragedies in Aurora, Colorado and Newtown, Connecticut were indeed horrifying. We all agree that we need to protect our children, but we need to take a reasonable approach and not react in a way that damages the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens. We must look at the facts and make well thought out decisions.

Guns did not perpetrate these crimes, evil people did. There are certainly many things we can do to prevent these events from happening in the future, but restricting gun ownership for those who use them responsibly is not one. We need to look at a number of factors, including mental health and overall school security.

Additionally, the 2nd district of North Carolina is overwhelmingly against additional regulation. In fact, a poll taken during my recent tele-townhall showed that over 65% of my constituents are against any further laws restricting guns, magazines, or ammunition.

As a woman and a mother, I object to anyone telling me which tools I may use to protect myself and my family. Please know that I will continue to protect the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens, which are the foundation of our republic.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me on this matter. I look forward to communicating with you in the future as I serve the people of the Second District of North Carolina. If you would be interested in receiving my e-newsletter, or for other information, please visit my website at http://www.ellmers.house.gov to sign up or contact me.

Sincerely,

Renee Ellmers

Member of Congress

clyde621
    Participant

I got the exact same response.

708prohunter
    Participant

I messaged Kay Hagan, the same day, no response from her, but, have seen her response to others. She needs to be voted out of office in 2014.

robja
    Participant

I got same response as well

thom
    Participant

I received the identical response from Ms. Elmers. Excellent.

angie-darrell
    Participant

I’m reposting this on my site. Bravo Mrs. Ellmers!!

birdhunter
    Participant

I got basically the same response from Richard Burr as did Ms. Ellmers. Voted for both of them in the past and plan to again in the future. Who voted for Kay Hagan? I didn’t the first time and don’t plan to in the future.

ih mike
    Participant

This came from Ellie Kannard!! Wow who elected her. Thank you for your message against gun controls. I appreciate the information you provided. My objection is that there are virtually no controls on the millions of guns that get into the wrong hands – kids in city ghettos who have no moral standards and respond to impulse and bad environments. Or guns in homes where they are accessible to children who shoot them by accident, or even use them on their own family members; accidents in which adults shoot children, or use them to kill children, or the easy killing by suicide with guns. In countries where guns are not available to the general population, there are very, very few such tragedies. Just look at the statistics. The greatest number of gun violence is not from mass shootings by mentally ill people, but just the sheer numbers of carelessly or malevolently used guns.

As to the Second Amendment. I believe that was wrongly decided by the U. S. Supreme Court. First, it overturned 100 years of gun decisions that it is not a personal right to bear arms, but only a right of the Militia, which is a military branch — along with the land and naval forces. I cite the following: Article I, Section 8, 15. “The Congress shall have power: . .. To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions”; Section 8, 16. “To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, . . .according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.” This is in the same section as Congress’ authority over the army and navy.

Amendment V: “. . . except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia when in actual service . . . ”

Finally, is the Supreme Court ever wrong? Yes and in big ways. It upheld slavery in the Dred Scott decision, and in Plessy v. Ferguson it enshrined segregation. Ellie Kinnaird

robja
    Participant

Well IH she represents Orange and Chatham and since the liberals in Orange outnumber the conservatives in Chatham it is no wonder she takes the stance she has. They need to vote her out so she doesn’t win a 10th term

johnrw
    Participant

I also received the same replies from our Senators. I also hope they will oppose any new universal background legislation being proposed. Being that federal laws in place, prohibit me from selling, lending or allowing anyone that cannot legally own a firearm from obtaining mine, and that it is already illegal for anyone to be in the business of selling guns to others without a FFL..this new proposal is to create a national registry that will open the door to future confiscation. We must continue to write our Senators and Reps, never stop fighting with the pen.

ih mike
    Participant

Ya’ll seen this??? Go Renee Dear Friend,

Four years ago, President Obama addressed the state of our union. In 2009, our country was facing an economic crisis with trillions of dollars in debt, rising unemployment, and an uncertain future. Four years later, little has changed. We have a $16 trillion national debt, having added $5.8 trillion of it in the past four years. Yet some Democrats in Congress are still denying we have a spending problem.

Below you will find my response to the president’s State of the Union speech and links to interviews I did with WRAL and WPTF. You’ll also find a link to video of Democrats in Congress saying we don’t have a spending problem.

This week, I added the Keystone XL Clock to my website to show how long it has been since the pipeline was first submitted for approval to the State Department. The House Energy & Commerce Committee has a new Keystone XL page on their website for background, a timeline, and facts about the how this project would bring thousands of jobs to America.

You can find more information about these and other issues on my website at http://www.ellmers.house.gov and on my social media accounts at Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Please share this newsletter with your friends by forwarding this email and using the social media links in the right sidebar.

Response to State of the Union

We are a proud nation, one that was founded on the principles of individual responsibility and unlimited opportunities. But each year, those freedoms and opportunities have been undermined by our president and manipulated in the pursuit of power and control. Instead of alleviating the burdens that have dragged down our economy, President Obama has attacked our job creators and provided perverse incentives to keep them from hiring. This is not who we are as a people and only restricts the American Dream.

Here in the House, we will continue to fight for the policies that work and protect the dreamers and do-ers. We will lead the charge to get America working again and this begins with helping the small businesses that drive our growth and hire our workers. We will halt the wasteful spending that is robbing our citizens and making their lives harder. We will give all Americans the power to use their own hard earned income to make their lives better, instead of making the federal government stronger. The president’s policies have failed them, but it is not too late.

We need to be bold, we need to be productive and innovate, create, and expand. This can happen, but over the past four years, it has only been happening within the federal government – with little economic growth to show for it. Our nation deserves better. But without a serious conversation about the threats facing our economy and its future, we face four more years of the same old song and dance.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.