Gun Permits

Forums General Discussion Gun Permits

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mudbug
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything about the Sheriff in Charlotte refusing to sign off on gun permits.

justin25
    Participant

Getting a permit in Charlotte has always been slow they take all of the 90 days. After the events of New Town Chip Bailey, the sheriff of meck county told Wsoc that he would not issue permits until further notice. To my knowledge he has started issueing them again but again it’s slow.

ed

I may be wrong but I think the law states shall issue within 90 days unless there is reason to deny ???

Some of you guys enjoy looking up stuff is this state Statue???

sensical
    Participant

ed wrote:

I may be wrong but I think the law states shall issue within 90 days unless there is reason to deny ???

Some of you guys enjoy looking up stuff is this state Statue???

It actually changed to 45 days a little while back at the end of which they MUST issue if they have no reason to deny.

The catch is… that’s 45 days from the time they have _all_ required info. Mecklenburg county double-screws you on this- they have a 30-45 day wait to make an APPOINTMENT to file for the permit (in Wake I just walked in, no appointment, filed same day). Then they can take 90-120 days to get back your mental health info.

After they have THAT, it’s 45 days max by law.

So at the high end it could be 45 days to file, 120 days to get background check mental health info, 45 days for them to issue… 7 months.

(wake was a little over 2 from file to receiving CC permit in the mail)

Details on Meck Co here-

http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/MCSO/Pages/Gun%20Permits.aspx

targetshooter
    Participant

mudbug wrote:

Has anyone heard anything about the Sheriff in Charlotte refusing to sign off on gun permits.

I got my gun permits in 24 hours . I am in Lee Co. Just waiting on a little more cash and when the one I what { Ruger MK lll 10101 } is in stock , Ruger said it looks like mid May before they will get some out.

ed

When you have a Pro Gun Sheriff like Tracy Carter (Lee co )

You can get permits.. Please thank him when you see him and tell him Ed says hello!

we should have a 100 sheriff’s like him..

jwhop3325
    Participant

Cumberland county isn’t too bad. Granted had to turn stuff in three times because they lost it, but last time turned in it was about 10 business days. Definitely need more pro gun sherriffs.

Will

81k5guy
    Participant

+1 for Sheriff Clemmons in Richmond Co. Always had them 5 days tops before I got my CCW.

ed

When its time to Vote remember the good guys..

cecconi
    Participant

Lee County Sheriff’s office has been great issuing permits. I have been twice to the Sheriff’s office and both times had my permits approved within 4 hours.

angie-darrell
    Participant

I really hate to hear this. People are very concerned and want a gun, the sheriffs should assist. Time for everyone, I mean everyone to get that concealed weapons permit and buy without the permit.

falcon82
    Participant

+1 from me as well with Sherrif Clemmons. Applied for 2 and they were ready 2 days later

kimberrob
    Participant

Always within 3 days with Sheriff Clemmons here

smokin10
    Participant

Myself and the better half just renewed our CCW in Montgomery Co., back in less than two weeks, the kicker is, we got drive through service at pick-up, didn’t have to get outta the truck. Nancy Herron is great and deserves a pay raise! Wonderful Dept. to work with.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.