Ladies Concealed Carry

Forums General Discussion Ladies Concealed Carry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ih mike
    Participant

Ed and anybody else. My wife just got her concealed carry permit and wants a pistol. Her instructor suggested a revolver in 38. I tend to agree but am leaning more to a 357 with the option to use 38 rounds. From your experience what are most women buying, keeping, and comfortable with? She used that M&P 22 that I got from you on Thursday for the class, and out shot the whole class!! 40 rounds in a 3 inch group. That gun gets five stars from me, you should sell a bunch of them. Thanks.

ed

CCW size counts a lot. There is a lot to say for small frame good quality revolvers. The only thing I can tell you everyone who buys a light weight 357 will only shot 38 out of them because of hand pain shooting the 357. That being the case if Your looking at S&W you will save around $200 going to 38

With the Ruger its about $50 difference so not such a big deal. The M&P is a good gun but size is a little bit of a problem for some people..

The biggest strongest gun that you can comfortably carry is the best thing if you need it..

birdhunter
    Participant

My wife shoots a Lady Smith model 60 .357 but she carries it with .38 loaded. She likes the extra weight for shooting better tighter groups and being more consistant. I shoot the Air Weight .38 S&W myself and I think the .38 will all that you wife would ever need it to do no matter which pistol she chooses. You can’t go wrong with either the S&W or Ruger as I’ve owned and shot both and are great choices.

ed

The S&W Lady 357 or any of the heavier 357 is possible for her to shoot still a handful but not as

bad as any of the lightweight 357 I will not shoot one with 357…

medtester
    Participant

This is a timely topic as I’m trying to figure this out myself. My wife, who’s reasonably strong, does not do well with racking a slide in an auto. I’ve got an LCR in 38spl that seems to be too much recoil for her. She can handle the recoil, but it’s so much that it affects her accuracy since she’s anticipating it so much. Accuracy only got slightly better after 100 rds. I thought about a J-frame 22Mag but will the DA trigger be stiffer than the LCR, which seems to be smooth. The J-Frame only has 7 rounds if I’m not mistaken….I think there is a Taurus that has 8. Does anyone know if the LCR will ever be avail in 22WMR? I know a 22WMR is hot out of a rifle, but does anyone know if it looses power out of a 2inch barrell?

ed

IF ENOUGH PEOPLE CALL RUGER ABOUT IT THEY WILL MAKE IT…

medtester
    Participant

In the meantime, what are your thoughts on the S&W or Taurus 22mag? What about 32?

ed

Taurus trigger pull 3 times as hard and lots of repairs needed,,,,

aphayes
    Participant

Smith and wesson 637 would be a great choice its a 38 special or if you need a little extra power it will handle plus P rounds also and you can’t go wrong for the price either.

losthighway
    Participant

I would agree with aphayes on the 637. I would also suggest the Smith and Wesson 642 (no hammer to snag)

ed

S&W makes as good of revolver as you can get with out the problems..Ruger is my 2nd choice

medtester
    Participant

I agree that S&W and Ruger make good pieces……my main question is about caliber. I was surprised that the LCR in 38 was too much recoil for my wife. So I’m considering 22mag, but am concerned about the diminished power (at least perceived) of the 22mag out of a 2 inch barrel. What else should she be considering? Would the recoil be lighter with a different revolver? Is a S&W heavier enough to lighten recoil. Thanks guys.

losthighway
    Participant

Ruger makes a revolver in 327 fed. Kind of a odd round. But they are nice. Just a thought.

ed

shoots 4 different 32 shells from short long 32 H&R mag then 327 you can step up in power as customer may desire..

ih mike
    Participant

Thanks for all the feedback! Ed, what’s in stock of these. 637, 642, 638, bodyguard 38, LCR 38 and the SP 101 38??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.