Price on Savage American Clasic in .250 Savage

Forums General Discussion Price on Savage American Clasic in .250 Savage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jagermeister
    Participant

Ed,

Hope the season is going well for you. Have two questions. Looking to buy a new Savage American Clasic in .250 Savage (to match my .250-3000 from 1918). What could you get one for?

Second looking at selling or trading a Springfield 1903A3 made by Remington. All hardware has been removed and a sporter stalk added. No cuts to barrel but it was drilled and tapped for a mount. Great as is, or could be restored with hardware for someone looking at that. Let me know if you or anyone on the forum is interested and I’ll send some pics. It was my wife’s granfathers, metal inside and out is in excelent condition.

Thanks. vjc

ed

I am out of town until Mid next week call the shop for faster info……

Passed on 2 bucks this am , maybe should have shot…

1 was eight point but narrow the other was before sunrise

could only see antlers no idea how big or many…

jagermeister
    Participant

It’s a tough call on the bucks. It’s a gamble to wait for something bigger, but if you tagged out today, there would be 0 chance on anthing better. lol 😉

Good luck.

ed

4 does is all I saw this afternoon back out in AM….

jagermeister
    Participant

How did the hunt finish out? I was hoping to get out this last week, but still recovering from throat surgery so nothing yet.

Here are some pics of the Springfield. [attachment=2]IMG_5483.jpg[/attachment] As you can see it was drilled and tapped for a scope, otherwise I would restore the furniture myself. It had Weaver mounts and Weaver 4x scope (circa 50’s-60’s). I can remount those if that will increase selling price.

Here are the other pics:[attachment=1]IMG_5485.jpg[/attachment] The stock is nice and well fit to the action. Looks like walnut, very heavy and solid.

[attachment=0]IMG_5486.JPG[/attachment]

ed

Its a sporter now and looks like holes are not straight I would just shoot it. They bring several hundred dollars original and less than $200 cut..

jagermeister
    Participant

What would be the price for the new Savage? Even $100-200 off would be something. Let me know and I can bring it town to Vass tomorrow. Thanks again. vjc

ed

SAVAGE AMERICAN CLASSIC SPECIAL ORDER… $669

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.