SC ccw laws

Forums General Discussion SC ccw laws

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by ed. This post has been viewed 3326 times
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    t-lew
    Participant

Ed,

I was looking for South Carolina ccw laws and haven’t been able to fine what I’m looking for.

Do you know if they are about the same as nc? I was only planning on having it in the car.

T-Lew

tat2guru
    Participant

you should be able to go to scdoj.gov and find the info or go to the s.c. attorney general’s website and find the info.

i know that s.c. will honor our ccw.

ed

NC is good there. I would carry the same as here keep it hid and nobody knows anyway…

t-lew
    Participant

Thanks guys! I don’t want to make headline and make us gun guys look bad!

biggs
    Participant

SC has a little quirk in its laws. If not on your person in a car, it must be in a latched container. It cannot be under the seat or in the open. From a SC CWP holder:

In SC:

WITH a CWP, you may carry on your person while in your car. If the gun is not on your person, it must be carried as described below.

WITHOUT a CWP, you may NOT carry on your person. You MAY carry in your car in an enclosed compartment, such as a glove box or console. The compartment need not be locked and the gun may be loaded. If the gun is exposed while reaching for LEO-requested documentation, you are NOT in violation. (I’d tell him it was there before I reached in.)

ed

Thanks…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.